Friday 7 February 2014

Movie: Winters Bone

Although I have watched two Jennifer Lawrence movies today I can say the movies were completly different in feel.  Winters Bone was a very slow moving show.  I put it down a few times to tend to family business and then returned but only to wish it was over soon.

This movie has a sad and depressing feel right away and when Jennifer's character (sweet pea) gets drug into a desperate means to save her present day family and the land they live on it becomes a heavy hearted movie.  I feel that although the message may have been conveyed in a modern day swamp people feel the message is as old as can be: you rat, you get dead!

I will not highly recommend this movie as it is too slow and much too depressing throughout the entire show.

Content: 2.0/5
Recommendation:  1/5
Total: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment